Okay, here’s the serious bit… At the end of the day we all have a price and a budget. If you have any questions about the price for your event that isn’t answered here, please give me a call.
All prices shown here are guide prices and assume ground floor easy access. There is no price difference between Disco, Karaoke or a combination. It is Starfly (me and my little helper) that you are paying for.
Please note: This is a price “guide”. Not concrete. Every man has his price – but mostly we’re flexible… But, allow me to address the oldest question: “but it’s only a 5 hour party, why so expensive?” Firstly: it may be a 5 hour party but that equates to an average of 9 hours for us, plus the costs associated with running a completely legal (no dodgy downloads on our hard drive) and fully insured mobile disco service). Secondly
January, February, March, April, May, September (except Weddings), October and November
- The typical 7pm to midnight: £250*
- Weddings, evening set-up for 7pm start: £300*
- Wedding with an afternoon set-up, from: £400*
- Wedding with a lunchtime or morning set-up, from: £500*
* please see notes at the bottom.
Peak Wedding / Party Season
June, July and August (and Weddings in September)
- The typical 7pm to midnight: £300*
- Weddings, evening set-up for 7pm start: £400*
- Wedding with an afternoon set-up, from: £500*
- Wedding with a lunchtime or morning set-up, from: £600*
Christmas Season & New Years Eve
December 1st through to the first weekend of January plus belated Christmas Parties.
Unfortunately I have to turn down many gigs at this time of year as I’m usually booked over a year in advance for December and New Years Eve.
- Non-Christmas Parties (7pm to midnight): £300*
- Corporate Christmas Parties (7pm to 1am): £400*
- New Years Eve (9pm to 1am with background music 7pm – 9pm): £600* (plus a ticket or few to the event – thanks)
* The (not so) small print:
playing background music during guest arrivals, meal or buffet does not influence the price / all prices based on a midnight finish unless stated otherwise – add £50 to extend any booking to 1am (£100 to extend to 2am) / a shorter gig or finishing earlier than the booked time does not reduce the price (you’re booking us for the whole evening) / offering to volunteer some strong dudes to help with the kit does not lower the price (we’ve heard that one before ~ lol).
Charity Events and Fund Raisers
Not available in December
I am always keen to discuss entertainment for charity events and fund raising events. Depending on the event there may be a fee of roughly half the normal rate.
Non-profits only. Basically that means if the directors of the “charity” are driving funded Mercs please don’t ask me to work for free.